This webinar is one of a series of three online interactive entitled “Setting up and Implementing Institutional Policies to Address Gender-Based-Violence in Academia – The 7P Framework”.
This first Webinar took place on 18 April 2023. It addressed “Prevalence” and by defacto “Incidence” which represents the “P” of the 7P Framework.
Based on that empirical data, i.e. facts and evidences, academic and research organisations will be able to devise tailored appropriate tools, actions and measures to address this particular form of violence.
This webinar sought to:
- Gain a common understanding of concepts related to gender-based violence (GBV) and understand its impact in academia;
- Demonstrate the existence of this phenomenon in the research field and highlight its specifics;
- Present UniSAFE’s 7 P model (Prevalence, Prevention, Protection, Prosecution, Provision of services, Partnerships and Policies) which represents a holistic approach to address GBV in Research Performing Organisations;
- Share inspiring practices for setting up and implementing institutional policies to address gender-based violence in academia adopted by EU RPOs within the framework of the 7 Ps, with the support of guest speakers.
- Gender equality officers/focal points/equality and/or diversity officers;
- Human Resources officers;
- Individuals that are part of a Gender Equality Plan team;
- Health and safety officers;
- Heads of Department/Unit in charge or involved in gender-based violence.
On the menu
The webinar took place on Zoom
|11.00 – 11.05||Welcome & ‘Housekeeping rules’ & Idea behind the webinar (5 minutes) – Yellow Window|
|11.05 – 11.10||UniSAFE intro presentation (5 minutes) – European Science Foundation|
|11.10 – 11.35||Introduction to gender-based violence and presentation of UniSAFE 7P Model Framework|
|11.35 – 11.50||Presentation on Prevalence|
|11.50 – 12.10||
Inspiring Practice & Experience exchange: Anne Laure Humbert, Oxford Brookes University
|12.10 – 12.25||Q&A / exchanges with the audience (15 minutes)|
|12.25-12.30||Conclusions & Closing remarks (Exit questionnaire) – Yellow Window|
Join the Community!
To stay posted about the following webinars, join the Community here!