This webinar is one of a series of three online interactive entitled “Setting up and Implementing Institutional Policies to Combat Gender-Based-Violence in Academia – The 7P Framework”.
This second webinar took place on 25 April 2023. It addressed “Prevention”, “Protection” and “Prosecution“, three core elements of the UniSAFE 7P Framework, which offers a holistic model for research organisations and universities to address gender-based-violence.
This webinar sought to:
- Gain a common understanding of concepts related to gender-based violence (GBV) and understand its impact in academia;
- Demonstrate the existence of this phenomenon in the research field and highlight its specifics;
- Present UniSAFE’s 7 P model (Prevalence, Prevention, Protection, Prosecution, Provision of services, Partnerships and Policies) which represents a holistic approach to address gender-based violence in Research Performing Organisations;
- Share inspiring practices for setting up and implementing institutional policies to address gender-based violence in academia adopted by EU research organisations and universities within the framework of the 7 Ps, with the support of guest speakers.
- Gender equality officer/focal point/equality and/or diversity officers;
- Human Resources officer;
- Part of a Gender Equality Plan team;
- Health and safety officer;
- Head of Department/Unit in charge or involved in gender-based violence.
On the menu
The webinar took place on Zoom
|11.00 – 11.05||Welcome & ‘Housekeeping rules’ & Idea behind the webinar (5 minutes) – Yellow Window|
|11.05 – 11.10||UniSAFE intro presentation (5 minutes) – European Science Foundation|
|11.10 – 11.35||Introduction to gender-based violence and presentation of UniSAFE 7P Model Framework|
|11.35 – 11.50||Presentation on Prevention, Protection and Prosecution|
|11.50 – 12.10||
Inspiring Practice & Experience exchange: Rachel Payne and Kristie Waller, Oxford Brookes University,
|12.10 – 12.25||Q&A / exchanges with the audience (15 minutes)|
|12.25-12.30||Conclusions & Closing remarks (Exit questionnaire) – Yellow Window|
Join the community!
To stay posted about the following webinars, join the Community here!