This webinar is one of a series of three online interactive entitled “Setting up and Implementing Institutional Policies to Combat Gender-Based-Violence in Academia – The 7P Framework”.
This third webinar took place on 02 May 2023. It addressed “Provision of services”, “Partnerships” and “Policies” which constitute the strategic and final layer for academia and research organisations when addressing gender-based-violence. They represent an instrumental element of the 7P Framework, as they dot any strategy with sustainability and far reach.
This webinar sought to:
- Gain a common understanding of concepts related to gender-based violence (GBV) and understand its impact in academia;
- Demonstrate the existence of this phenomenon in the research field and highlight its specifics;
- Present UniSAFE’s 7 P model (Prevalence, Prevention, Protection, Prosecution, Provision of services, Partnerships and Policies) which represents a holistic approach to address GBV in Research Performing Organisations;
- Share inspiring practices for setting up and implementing institutional policies to address gender-based violence in academia adopted by EU RPOs within the framework of the 7 Ps, with the support of guest speakers.
- Gender equality officer/focal point/equality and/or diversity officers;
- Human Resources officer;
- Part of a Gender Equality Plan team;
- Health and safety officer;
- Head of Department/Unit in charge or involved in gender-based violence.
On the menu
The webinar took place on Zoom
|11.00 – 11.05||Welcome & ‘Housekeeping rules’ & Idea behind the webinar (5 minutes) – Yellow Window|
|11.05 – 11.10||UniSAFE intro presentation (5 minutes) – European Science Foundation|
|11.10 – 11.35||Introduction to gender-based violence and presentation of UniSAFE 7P Model Framework|
|11.35 – 11.50||Presentation on Provision (of services), Partnerships and Policies|
|11.50 – 12.10||
Inspiring Practice & Experience exchange: Cristina Gamberi, University of Bologna
|12.10 – 12.25||Q&A / exchanges with the audience (15 minutes)|
|12.25-12.30||Conclusions & Closing remarks (Exit questionnaire) – Yellow Window|
Join the Community!
To stay posted about the following webinars, join the Community here!