Share your experience on gender-based violence
The UniSAFE project tackles gender-based violence in academia by gathering and examining various personal experiences related to this issue. After launching a large-scale survey among 45 universities and research organisations’ staff and students, we would particularly like to give voice to researchers whose experiences and stories are often overlooked or unheard, due to their specific situation in academia.
60 individual, online interviews
Structural inequalities in research organisations – and the way they intersect – can lead to a higher risk of gender-based violence. From November 2021 to March 2022, we will conduct a series of individual, online, semi-structured interviews with researchers all over Europe who have experienced or witnessed gender-based violence.
Our aim is to examine these experiences in detail and gain better understanding of how the prevalence of gender-based violence relates to its determinants and consequences. How active are universities and research organisations in preventing, protecting, and prosecuting gender-based violence?
We understand that it can be uncomfortable or even painful to share such a sensitive experience. We are however also convinced that implementing real institutional change starts by gaining solid knowledge of the issue to be tackled. Therefore, we commit to strictly keep all sensitive information confidential and anonymous.
Share your experience
If you would like to help us in this mission of eradicating gender-based violence and share your experience or observations with us, we are looking for researchers who:
- have been at risk themselves and/or have experienced or observed gender-based violence (GBV) and the institutional response towards it;
- are (or were at the time) an early career stage and/or on a temporary, visiting, or short-term contract.
If you are interested or have a question regarding these interviews, please leave us your contact details in the form below. The contact point for this part of the UniSAFE project is the Lithuanian Center for Social Sciences and they will get back to you concerning your questions and potential interview arrangements.
We ensure that the personal contact information left on this form will only be used by the Lithuanian Centre for Social Sciences’ researchers to reach you and arrange the details for the interview. They will not be stored in any other place or used for any other purpose.
- Online semi-structured interviews will take place between January and March 2022.
- Interviews will preferably take place in English. Nevertheless, interviews in your native language are possible if one of our partners is fluent in your language. Find out who our partners are.
- The semi-structured interviews should last between 40 and 60 minutes, they will be individual.
- All information provided during the interview will be pseudonymised – all your personal data that could identify you will be removed. The collected data will be used for the research purposes only. If you have any questions on ethics and our data policy, please contact the project’s Ethics Helpdesk.
We are looking forward to talking to you and making a step together towards eradicating gender-based violence in research organisations!
Subscribe to our newsletter !
Keep up to date with the latest project news, developments, and results.